In the dark...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Sat in my bedroom... bored
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:53 pm by Lily White

» Lunch with Kayla (Kayla, open)
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:48 am by Lily White

» rate the sig
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 am by Nichole

» I'll never be good enough
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:12 pm by Nichole

» franklin orphan house
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:41 pm by Hayley

» First Day. Oh, yet again.
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:52 pm by Lucy Summers

» second world
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:43 pm by Hayley

» Hayley Carter AAAAAH
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:30 pm by Lily White

» Nichole Williams
The Story Behind the Site! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 am by Lily White

Zoe !!
Zoe!! The Story Behind the Site! Lucy
Holly !!
Holly!! The Story Behind the Site! Kayla
Becca !!
Becca ! The Story Behind the Site! Lily1
Monthly Awards !
Male of the Month ! To be comfirmed ! Female of the month ! To Be comfirmed ! Member of the Month ! To be confirmed !
Affiliates
free forum
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Story Behind the Site!

Go down

The Story Behind the Site! Empty The Story Behind the Site!

Post  Lucy Summers Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Prologue
I lay half asleep on the hospital bed; I’d been in a coma for the past 5 years; completely oblivious to the outside world. That’s all I could remember, my mind was blank no memories at all. The only thing I could remember was pain, like someone was stabbing me in my heart with a knife, constantly. Nothing made sense and now as I lay here helpless all I knew was that I was alive... or was I?
Chapter one – Awakening
My eyes fluttered, as I awoke slowly. My lids were heavy, I didn’t know why, I’d been in a coma, and surely I’d had enough sleep to last a lifetime. I didn’t know what was wrong with me, but whatever it was it didn’t feel good. It was like someone was stabbing me, repeatedly in my chest. My pulse was loud and violent behind my ears, everything was blurry.
After a few minutes my eyes focused and I realized I was in hospital bed, lots of people where crowded around me. The most obvious to pick out of the bunch of people was the doctor, in his white coat. He looked rather menacing; Scary even.
“She’s Okay!” I heard a woman cry out from the back of the crowd, I wasn’t able to put a name to the voice. Though, I knew I should’ve been able to.
“Shh, she’ll be a little confused right now.” It was the doctor who spoke this time, his voice reassuring. I didn’t feel any better though the pain in my chest was still there. “Hello? Kayla, can you hear me?” He said, looking into my eyes.
If I could only remember one thing, it was my own name. “I……” I stuttered, choking on the air. I coughed for about a minute, before I could even begin to speak again. “Yes” I murmured, quietly. I couldn’t speak any louder; every time I took a breath it burned my throat like steel wool. My lips and tongue were bone dry, I was completely parched.
“Do you need anything?” The doctor continued. “How are you?”
He asked this more like I was a friend, then a patient. “D…Drink” I only just managed to mumble, through the fire that burned in my throat. “Of Corse” He replied, handing me a small, white plastic cup; Filled with something that looked like water, but it smelt horrible.
I didn’t take much notice to the smell; I was so thirsty I would drink anything. “Thank you.” I said, my throat suddenly feeling a lot better. “Were, exactly am I?” I asked, curious. I knew I was in a hospital but I couldn’t remember anything that happened before I went to ‘Sleep’.
“You’re at the hospital, in Hull.” He answered. “You got hit by a bus on your way home from school. You don’t remember any of this, do you?” He added. “No, not a thing.” I said sadness in my voice. “Okay, you probably have short-term memory loss, don’t worry. You’ll be fine, come on guys let’s leave her to rest.” He ordered everyone else out of the room, then followed himself; shutting the door behind him.
Lucy Summers
Lucy Summers
Admin

https://inthedarkrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Story Behind the Site! Empty Re: The Story Behind the Site!

Post  Lucy Summers Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Chapter 2 – Returning
I spent another week in the hospital, before I was allowed to leave. I still hadn’t been able to remember anything but the doctors said it would come back to me in time. I’d been able to get into the swing of life again; though I was a little hesitant when I did some things.
Today was my first day back at school; I had been dreading this day for a while. I had all my things ready, my mum had made me my lunch and gone to work. I was in the house alone, I thought about ditching and pretending I was sick but I knew that no-one would fall for it. So I watched the minutes pass slowly on the clock, waiting for the time when I would have to leave the safety of my home.
The minutes ticked by slowly, mocking me. I wanted to just get this over with, what was with my life now? Everything had been going wrong and I’d been constantly getting headaches but I didn’t want to cause my mum any trouble so I just kept quiet I was sure it would pass. When the clock finally hit 7:50 I got up, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I went out of the back door, since the amnesia thing my mum didn’t trust me with my front door key. So I locked the door behind me and started walking to the bus stop which I had, had to be shown many times since to make sure I knew were to go.
As I passed certain people, I got a few glares. I knew some of the faces, well I couldn’t remember who they were but something in the back of my mind recognized their faces. I sat on a wall near were the bus would stop; I made sure that I was sort of hidden by the tree which bent over the wall. I sat there with my iPod in my hand, the earphones in my ears. I didn’t pay attention to what was going on around me.
Until, someone came up to me. A girl with a sweet, child-like face, her blonde her framed hair face nicely. It was just the right length for her, finishing just at her shoulders. She smiled at me; I unplugged my earphones and smiled back at her. “Errrmm…Hey” I said, she looked recognizable, but I still couldn’t put a name to the face. “Hey Kayla” She chirped, happily. “Sorry, you won’t remember me will you? I’m Hannah; we were like best mates before the accident.” She informed me. “Oh, well no my memory is still out” I told her, smiling. She seemed nice, it made me feel bad not being able to remember her name or anything about her really. “Wanna ride on the bus with me, I’ll show you around….again if you want?” She asked, politely. “Sure, whatever.” I said, a little more hesitantly. But it would be nice to not be alone for once. She smiled and sat next to me, I put my iPod back in my bag.
When the bus came she got up and pulled me up with her, she dragged me onto the bus were we showed our passes then went to sit at the back of the bus. She was amazingly strong for her size, though I liked that. She kept asking me questions like what it was like in hospital and if I remembered even the tiniest thing from before it happened. I answered mainly in one word, I didn’t feel like talking.
The bus journey was longer than I expected, to be honest though I didn’t know what to expect. When it eventually pulled up outside school, I managed to escape Hannah’s grip for a second and made my own way off the bus. Though she was waiting for me, I smiled and walked into form with her were I got a few more looks.
Lucy Summers
Lucy Summers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Summers Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Chapter 3 – Crazy Lily?
Form was quiet no-one asked any questions anymore; I just sat at the back with my iPod on. Hannah went around talking to loads of other girls in the class while I stayed were I was, that didn’t offend me like I thought it would; it made me happier if anything.
When the bell for the first lesson rang, we left and went toward geography. When we were walking we passed a certain group of people, they all turned and stared at me, as I walked by. Hannah saw them looking at me, she turned and whispered to me. “Just ignore them; they’re a bunch of weirdo’s. Well apart from Joe, who’s like the hottest boy in school. But I’d stay away from him, because he goes out with Lucy, who’s the meanest girl in school. She’ll go berserk if she see’s you touching him in anyway.” She warned. “I remember once, before the accident; we used to wind her up, me, and you, Nick, Taylor and Lily. One day, we got her so angry that like, literally, I’m not even joking; her eyes changed colour. They went like a reddy colour; Joe had to pull her away from us. But it was like he was using all his strength to pull her away, like she was the stronger one. We never did figure out what had really gone on, probably some practical joke. Though Lily isn’t convinced, she thinks something strange is going on. Crazy old Lily!” She laughed, as we walked into our first classroom.
Geography with Mrs Hiopes, as I walked in Hannah went and sat down in her place. She sat near a boy, with ginger hair and dark brown eyes. He was about average height, well he looked it, I couldn’t tell while he was sat down. The first word that came into my head when I saw how he was behaving was mental, or hyper or something along those lines.
While I was accessing him Mrs Hiopes came up to me, smiling. When I eventually came out of my own little world, I noticed her. “Hello again, Kayla. Please come have a seat, I’m sorry the other students got to pick were they sat but this is the only seat left.” She apologized. I looked back at Hannah, she was chatting to the ginger haired boy that must have been Nick. The classroom was starting to get a little fuller as more students entered; I started to wonder who I was going to be sitting next to.
The seat was right at the back of the classroom, in the darkest corner. As everyone else entered no-one looked at me, the just wondered past giggling and murmuring to each other. That’s when I saw her. The girl with bright green eyes and bright red hair. The first word that came to mind with this girl was scary, or if you wanted a phrase Stay Away! Apart from the mandatory school uniform she was wearing mostly black and had dark black and dark blue strikes in her hair, I didn’t know if they were extensions or not but I found them more than a bit menacing. She wandered over to me, well not to me but to the seat next to me. Then to my dismay chucked her bag under the table and sat down.
I didn’t want to talk, but I didn’t want to have to sit next to someone who I hated and hated me back, so I thought I better make the effort. “H…” I was about to say ‘Hello’ when she cut me off before I could even get to the e. She turned to face me her green eyes boring into my, light blue ones. “Don’t talk to me, leave me alone and I’ll leave you alone. Okay, Good.” She said, in an angry tone. This must have been the girl Hannah had told me about, Lucy Summers. Not the most appropriate name, it sounded sweet and innocent but I can tell you now she was neither of these things. I would have gone with a name was a little darker. Not Lucy and especially not Summers. “But…” I tried to argue, well not argue but show my opinion. “But nothing” She ended our conversation there.
I didn’t dare speak for the rest of the lesson, I would try again tomorrow. Well, Maybe. She was very intimidating, not just that but well I didn’t usually say this about people but Evil. I spent most of my time watching the clock tick by slowly, what was with the clocks today? Had they all like made a plan to make this day the worst day of my life?! When the bell eventually did ring, I basically ran out of the lesson. Not noticing that I had dropped my mobile, little did I know this was the first in a series of life changing events!
Lucy Summers
Lucy Summers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Summers Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Chapter 4 – Reason
I was sat outside at lunch, that same day, when Joe first approached me. I was sat with Hannah, Taylor & Lily. I’d gotten to know them better over the past few periods. Lily was the hyper, excitable one. She was also very curious and quite smart. She had dark brown hair, a little longer than Hannah’s. Her eyes were light blue in colour, though they were slightly darker than mine. Taylor, she had long black hair, which was quite wavy. She wore it up though, in a ponytail. Her eyes were the opposite of Lily’s they were a dark greeny hazel colour.
Lily was the first to notice when Joe started walking toward me, well toward our table. She giggled and whispered to Hannah, who tried to hold back her own giddiness while she stared over my shoulder toward him. After that it didn’t take long for Taylor to figure out what they were looking at, I didn’t turn to see who was coming this way. That was until he tapped me on the shoulder; suddenly the others were really, really giddy.
I turned to him smiling at me, a couple of his mates from the ‘weirdo’ bunch, stood on either side of him, taking to each other. Lucy and her mates were staring angrily toward me, from their table. “Hey, your Kayla right?” He asked, but didn’t give me a chance to reply; he probably knew the answer. “I’m Joe, Joe Oliver. You forgot this in geography, Lucy gave me it.” He said, handing me the small black rectangle, which was my phone. “Err….Thanks” I stuttered. I was hypnotized by him, his deep blue eyes like sapphires in the sunlight. His short, shaggy coffee-coloured hair, complimented his skin tone perfectly. “It’s okay, don’t mention it. Can I just talk to you a minute?” He asked. I was shell-shocked; he wanted to talk to me…in private?! I knew Lucy wouldn’t be happy; I looked at her for a second. It must just have been me, but it looked like she’d heard what he’d asked me because she had a disgusted face on. “S...sure” I stammered, smiling and following him to the opening in the tree’s. “So ermm… I just wanted to say sorry to for Lucy’s behaviour earlier, she’s not the most…welcoming type.” He apologized. I just smiled a dozy smile. “It didn’t bother me that much” I replied, staring into his eyes. “Yeah, well still. Oh and welcome back, last time I saw you, you were 8 this seems really strange. I’m 14 now; you must be 13” He said, laughing. “Yeah, sorry my memory isn’t great. Well, I may as well tell the truth…I’ve got short term memory loss.” I said sadness in my tone. “Ahhh” He said, understanding somehow. “Well, I just wanted to invite you to the spotlight. I didn’t know if Hannah and the others had invited you, so I thought I better.” He smiled, and then turned to face Lucy. “Ermm… Sorry I have to go, see you around” He finished and turned walking back toward Lucy, when he got there Lucy kissed him, like full on; probably trying to make a point.
I ignored her and made my way back to my table, were Taylor, Lily and Hannah were waiting anxiously for me to return. “Oh my god, what did he say to you?” Taylor asked, straight away. “He apologized for Lucy’s behaviour and then asked me to the spotlight, whatever that is.” I answered, sounding not bothered. “He really asked you to the Spotlight?!” Hannah asked, surprised. “What even is it?” I asked her, smiling. “It’s a event the school do every year, in the parking lot. They have liver music, food, loads of cool stuff. ” She explained. “Oh...” I replied, then started sipping on my slush, thinking.
I went through my next few lesson’s peacefully, apart from a few times when the teachers would bring me up to the front to re-introduce me to the class or pick on me to answer questions just to test I’d been paying attention. The main thing in my mind through the whole day and the rest of the week was about the spotlight. Why had Joe invited me? Why did he want me to go? What was the big deal about it? It was all very confusing, but I tried to keep focused on work, even though a million things were whizzing around in my head. I didn’t bother Lucy for the whole week, or any of the little strange gang. I thought it would be wiser to leave her be. Another thing I didn’t get was why Joe had not invited Lucy? Apparently you were only aloud to invite one person? The others wouldn’t tell me why, they said they wanted it to be a surprise and since I was to chicken to talk to Lucy, I decided I would wait; I mean it couldn’t be something really bad, I knew that.
Lucy Summers
Lucy Summers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down